Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Woody Atwell

Woody left this world on January 26, 2010. Shocking is all I can say. He started showing signs of illness right after Christmas and left us just one month later. After many inconclusive tests, we made the heartbraking decision to put him to sleep after he refused to eat for the 6th day straight. He lost 20 lbs in one month was just suffering so much.

Sir Woodrow Valentine...aka Woody was our first born child. I surprised Steven for Valentine's Day 2003 and bought him a dog. I just couldn't choose from the litter, so Steven ended up going with me to choose. Woody ended up choosing us that day as he laid his head on Steven's feet and changed our lives forever. Steven trained him to be "his" dog who even fetched his boots. So many memories are shared with this sweet pup and we continually miss him on a daily basis.




No comments: